The Alliance works community partners to assist new and seasoned entrepreneurs. Before venturing out into the business world, the Alliance recommends that entrepreneurs take advantage of the services, seminars, and assistance provided by the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offered by Wilkes University and Bucknell University.
Small Business Development Center
The Wilkes University & Bucknell University SBDCs provide guidance with writing a business plan, sales and marketing strategies, growth strategies, additional research, environmental concerns and legal assistance. Services are free and available by contacting the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce office at 570-784-2522 or visit their website.
The Alliance has access to funding incentives and opportunities such as:
- Greater Susquehanna Keystone Innovation Zone (KIZ)
- Consulting from Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Low-interest loans from SEDA-Council of Governments (SEDA-COG)
For more information about these initiatives, please visit the Funding Incentives part of this website.
The Alliance provides an array of services to entrepreneurs, including:
- Site tours
- Assistance with construction logistics (local permitting requirements, infrastructure)
- Introductions to state legislators and local officials
- Local contacts within the business community
- Access to financing, incentives and opportunities
- Access to existing employers
As you begin the site selection process, having the most recent data at hand is of paramount importance. The Alliance has pulled together the latest research and data for you, so you can make an informed decisions about your relocation to Columbia and Montour Counties. Visit our Data Center.